Wednesday, April 2, 2014

For The Sake Of The Closet



It's no secret that I'm an openly gay man (no really!) and at times that has meant having to compromise that for the sake of a relationship with someone. It's interesting what love makes you do, the blindness it causes you and the many sacrifices you're willing to make to make sure it works and stays like that.

I've been guilty of being the lover that wants to please (in almost every way possible) and in doing so allowing myself to be hidden away or forced back into the closet for the sake of the one I was in love with. The one thing about me is this, if you have issues with your sexuality or prefer to keep things on the down-low then by all means don't date me, let's **** and call it a day! Don't reel me in and win me over, my heart is too small and my thoughts too sensitive, in the end the truth will always come out and the end-result will be catastrophic.



I have met many "straight" men who have been more than willing to "try something new" for the sake of experience, but as an already out-of-the-closet gay I got a little caught up in the exciting moments, after all I was also living out a little fantasy of mine and who can blame me?

A lot of gay men lie to themselves, they convince themselves that they've crossed that bridge and that they comfortable, but truth is once they get faced with someone who's truly comfortable being themselves in every way possible the idea starts to become unappealing and scary, they question their truths and end up peeking into their dusty closets to see if they could move in again. That to me is a little sad because we have gay Rights for a reason, we're constantly battling discrimination from Society yet we start with each other?



To conclude my point I vowed that I would never go back to that dusty,cob-webbed closet of mine, it's officially a closed door with some serious bolts on it! A faded memory of a sad world we live in, so what are you waiting for? Need a hammer and some nails?

~ LK





1 comment:

  1. You go Linc! Proud of you!!! You are beautiful just the way you are! Don't ever change for anyone!

    ReplyDelete