Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Dear Ex


Dear Ex High-School Sweetheart...

Everything was so damn good in the beginning, your love and attention was really required and needed at that time, I had so many doubts about you but you gave me no indication that I'd be hurt by you in the end so I began to trust you. I remember the first day we met, I was naïve and silly, you were confident and handsome so naturally I took a liking to you however at that time you had a man and I was content being friends with you whilst I was secretly harboring a crush on you.

As time went by and things turned sour for your boyfriend (then) you finally saw me and I felt special. You used to write me letters while we were in class together and I returned the favor, I couldn't care less what others had to say or think because I was content with your attention. You had a different plan however with me, you wanted me physically and I caught onto that a little sooner than you thought so then you switched it up and played with my emotions, made me feel like the bad guy and constantly kept dropping hints about your other life. I took it like a pro because I convinced myself that you were the one and even if you weren't I'd prove everyone wrong and make you the one if I had to, however I just could never bring myself to give you what you truly wanted, I guess I wanted to see if it would make me worth it to you...How wrong I really was...

I remember that night on the beach where you requested a moment alone with me to try and convince me that you'll finally let everyone know that we was kicking it...however I became boo-boo the fool once again when I heard about all your other shenanigans...oh yes, that letter you wrote me detailing the things you were doing behind my back was discovered by my grandmother – she asked questions and afterwards burned the letter, I'm so glad she did...she never liked you anyway :)

So to end this off, when I told you I was going to Johannesburg to start a new life you asked me a question “what about me?”...I could've told you to go to hell or better yet just removed you from my life entirely, instead I chose to keep you around so you could truly see how happy I was and I think you did...wherever you are, I know you regret hurting me...but not to worry, I forgave you a long time ago...However this is me reminding you of what took me years to forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment