Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Good Man




This is the year 2013 and reality has sunk into my bones that there's a huge shortage of good men out there and with technology constantly breaking new ground there's also less imagination left, however I can't deny that there will always be a good man out there, problem is finding them and keeping them.

In my younger days I was easily manipulated by the man who possessed power and wasn't afraid to show it, the man who would woo me with materialistic things that would entice my hungry and sometimes wild imagination, however what was really lacking in those times was honesty, I was practically being bought and I eventually stopped liking it. In the world we're living in money is a constant obstacle that can put pressure on the strongest of characters, we all long for financial security and peace of mind which sometimes may come in the form of a man who comes bearing these lovely gifts and you end up making a choice of convenience instead of following your heart.

I am one of the toughest people to date, I'm not shy about the physical things but when it comes to my heart there's too many obstacles to get through and after the first one most guys (if not all) give up and move on, I'm not saying that I'm immune to love or be loved however I'm no longer as naïve as I used to be, most of what's on a mans mind is pretty clear and instead of letting him get all of me, I'll choose to give him a moment he'll think about from time to time while I reserve the best of me for me, in the end we both win – with regards to the physical.

Now back in the day men had to work really hard to get the attention of their love interest, they'd do the silliest things in order to make that person smile which would be more than enough for them and they'd leave tomorrow for a possible kiss (on the cheek)...However nowadays the only flowers you get are the ones in emoticon form and communication is more exciting in pictures and BBM status messages, some need to face the facts that his reputation might be more exciting than you. 



Now let's do a complete 360 and talk about the man we want to get, I don't want people to get me wrong on this post, I don't expect the poor guy to fight with a lion to prove his love to me or even to prove it at all (totally negotiable) however there will be expectations which will set him apart from the scrubs. Personally all I want is for them to be real, to come as they are and provide me that emotional, mental and spiritual happiness, someone who won't be afraid of me or my way of thought, someone who can indulge in a new adventure and motivate me to rise above, someone who can listen to me sing sad songs and wipe the tears from my face...Yes boys and girls, I don't want much, I just want someone who isn't scared to wear new shoes and take care of them for years to come, even plants need nurturing and they don't ask for too much. Everything takes effort but everything that took effort becomes worthwhile and the mission you had getting to happy seems more necessary.

One thing to always remember is that when you got yourself a good man, to never become what you didn't like with your previous partners, sometimes they leave traces and tendencies we pick up without knowing and we end up being the exact replica of what we were continuously trying to avoid...Be real, free and allow yourself to be loved by that man...

No comments:

Post a Comment