Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Big.Beautiful.Women



Picture This: An Elle magazine is lying on the table, slim and trim model blankly staring at you and a hopeless individual trying everything they can to be THAT model or at least to get to THAT size regardless of the consequences and added health risks...If you've ever been that woman, then this is the post for you...

For a long time growing up I too have struggled with my weight, yes me, a guy...anyways, it all started once I hit puberty, I was prepping for swimming (one of our Primary School requirements of doing Sports) until I realized that my speedos didn't fit the same anymore and my stomach had shape, I remember feeling so uncomfortable to be the kid with the big butt and hips amongst the other boys who hadn't really developed the way I had,it was embarassing to say the least and hence my battle with the bulge began. I knew many others who went through the very same thing, choosing to wear the color black because it slims you, choosing to be safe and to wear the XL t-shirt because you don't want people seeing it accentuate your curves, or what about the time where you end up eating half the portion of food you're used to because your blind date saw the picture you took at a good angle and was surprised at your size, we can grab a lot of humor from these situations and we can also learn a lot about the effect of how negative influences can brainwash us too at times.

I have met a lot of different types of people and with each person I meet comes a different stereotype they face. I must say I have mucho respect for full-figured women, their strength and courage is amazing, as i'm typing this I have one in particular in mind - for her own privacy I won't mention her name, but she's FABOLOUS! I remember us partying together and for each time and each club we rocked up at the men were drooling and that for me was quite the surprise, I mean we live in a world where I've overheard guys drooling over the super-skinny model or the chick with the blonde hair that it came as such a surprise that REAL men like REAL women...Now I aint dissing the guys that prefer the smaller woman but I have to shout out those who are openly looking for a specifically fuller woman, they've claimed that they get far better satisfaction out of the BBW than the skinny model-thin chick, as Beyonce said in her recent track "Grown Woman" - You really wanna know how I got it like that / 'Cause I got a cute face / And my booty so fat. In order to make it in the world nowadays you need to have bones of steel and once the brick-house of stereotypes comes crumbling down on you is when your true test of self and inner strength gets tested.


My last word to anyone out there thinking about putting themselves through endless amounts of torture and pain is to ask yourself if this is really you? Are you trying to please your hater or are you trying to please you because at the end of the day no one else knows your heart nor do they know your worth but as most inspirational quotes say - "Beauty radiates from the inside out"...Now go on ahead and be BEAUTIFUL!

P.S. Please visit Pinterest to get some further visual stimulation of dem big gals:
Pinterest - Big Beautiful Women
 
Please show some love to one of my fave groups on Facebook: BigBoldBeautifulWomen

With Love...


No comments:

Post a Comment