Thursday, May 23, 2013

Internet Dating...How much of it is real?


So this is probably the most cliché topic on earth but I myself have fallen prey to many an “internet-date” believe it or not and this would probably be due to the fact that as humans at certain times in our lives we crave a little attention and what better attention than from an unknown handsome stranger from another cyber planet to tell us how beautiful we look or sound (BB Voice-note anybody?)...Yes, let's admit it girls AND boys that we have at some point or another had that little flutter of excitement when reading those messages from our cyber admirer, I in fact have a story or two to tell. I am always one to make sure that if anything I have ONLY my best pictures put up on any profile of mine just so that I can attract the cream of the crop to drop a line and say hi...Sadly that is not always the case, you get some people that look like they crept out of a bottle of emulsion and then some who don't know how to string two words to make a sentence and you're stuck modifying your search options or lowering your standards. This guy added me randomly on BB and I was immediately struck by his green-eyes, forget the fact that I didn't know him from a salty cracker but I overlooked that because he had gorgeous green eyes and that for me clinched the deal...Yes we eventually did this wonderful thing called talking but I caught myself not really reading what he was saying because I was far more worried about how tall he was or if he had washboard abs...I know what you're thinking – what a vain b*tch! From my mouth to your ears – Get thineself over thee! Anyway back to my story, so after a while (5 days) he told me he was in love with me and wanted to be with me, I threw a lot of questions his way hoping to slow him down and make him delay a bit until I got to meet him and see for myself if he was Prince Charming or a frog with green eyes but he kept at it and to some point or degree started getting serious and depressed, he turned to alcohol and threatened suicide, I kid you not! The guy was like “I can't live without you blah blah blah” and I have never been so turned off in my life! I mean how can a pretty face turn so lethal in a matter of days and that's when I realised that it was far easier to get drunk in a club and accidentally slip into someone's arms on the dancefloor! Anyway I ended up deleting him from my BB and have now stuck to ASRL instead...it gets to the point and it's not personal when you “accidentally” remove them from your contact list :) Do it...Don't do it, at the end of the day it's up to your better judgement what the outcome of that situation is...

No comments:

Post a Comment